9th grade World History Review Sheet
What will be covered?
This Midterm will cover information we learned in the following chapters and sections:
- Chapter 5- Rome and the Rise of Christianity (sec. 4-5)
- Chapter 9- Europe and the Byzantine Empire(sec. 4)
- Chapter 12- (sec. 2-4)
- Chapter 14- Crisis and Absolutism in Europe
- Chapter 17- Revolution and Enlightenment (sec. 1-3)
- Chapter 18- The French Revolution and Napoleon
Important questions to ask yourself:
- What different forms of government can a society have? Define and explain each of the following.
- What type of government did Rome have before the birth of Christ?
- How did Christianity begin?
- Who is Jesus Christ?
- What does MESSIAH mean?
- What and where is Judea?
- Who are CONSTANTINE and DIOCLETIAN? What important reforms did they make in Rome?
- Who was the first CHRISTIAN EMPEROR of Rome?
- Who is Theodosius The Great?
- What was the EDICT OF MILAN?
- What happen during the GREAT SCHISM?
- Explain and understand the major differences between the EASTERN (BYZANTINE) and THE WESTERN parts of the HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE.
- Hint: Patriarch v. Pope, Eastern Orthodox Christianity v. Roman Catholicism